Global companies today need culturally competent people able to deal with dynamic, multifaceted contexts. However, stakeholders are also demanding more social responsibility, leading to the need for thoughtful, long-term, and conscientious decision-makers. This certificate meets both of these requirements by offering you training that combines cultural theory with good management practices. This course is conducted in English (level B2 required).
In the course, we will discuss principles of intercultural interaction from different perspectives, as well as the major research trends in the field. We will address specific problem-solving skills that you need in your own workplace, and we will provide you with specially designed practice in solving intercultural issues. The format of the course includes expert feedback and extensive discussion opportunities for an individually-tailored approach.
Do you want to dramatically improve your intercultural communication? In this course, you will develop a strong awareness of different cultural perspectives and values, and how these are communicated in everyday interactions. You will better understand your own cultural background and its influence on your success with others.
- Introduction to Communication
- Theoretical frameworks
- Verbal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Terminology and usage
- Gesture and body language
- Cultural parameters and patterns
- Models of Intercultural Communication
- Overview of models
- Using models in active research
- Critique of models
- Terms, concepts, and limitations
- Ethical considerations
- Cultural variation in communication
- Communication at work
- Codeswitching, Lingua franca and usage
- Cultural dominance through communication
- Negotiating power through communication
Successful Intercultural Communication
- Series of case studies and analysis designed to elicit strong comprehension and application of theoretical material covered
- Problem solving skills and ability to generate creative solutions
This course is conducted in English (level B2 required).
Hochschulzertifikat mit ECTS
Dieser Hochschulkurs umfasst 10 Credits und schließt mit einem Hochschulzertifikat der Euro-FH ab.
Die ersten 4 Wochen Ihres Fernstudiums können Sie uns kostenlos testen.
Die Regelstudienzeit beträgt 6 Monate.
Eine kostenlose Verlängerung der Regelstudienzeit um 3 Monate ist möglich.
Dieser Hochschulkurs ist grundsätzlich auf ein grundständiges Fernstudium an der Euro-FH anrechenbar.